06-10-2014, 04:42 PM   #65
MarkkyyMan
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSt|G View Post
Sure, it starts, but I'm not suicidal enough to drive around without seat belts.

And I'm not trying to say its the same exact situation, but merely that I understand. It may not be the daily, but it does have a limited season of operation when there is no salt on the road. Plus the time I've already lost with it is some of the best driving weather of the year.
Live life on the edge.
I kid I kid.

Update:

Got off the phone with Salman a little bit ago, "woke up" the ecu flashed the car back to factory. I guess this does happen sometimes, but it is very rare that it actually does "fall asleep". Had to perform a reset by pulling the negative cable on the battery let it sit for 30 seconds then hook it back up.

IT RUNS!!!

The last map didn't let the car start, he thinks it might be something with the throttle mapping since it keeps throwing those codes.

Hopefully a lot of this thread will give some trouble shooting ideas to people should they run into any of these issues when they flash their car. When this all first started happening to me I think part of my panic was that I couldn't find anything about these situations on this particular platform. A couple people on an M5 forum had issues but their solution wasn't very detailed.
Appreciate 0