01-30-2014, 12:25 PM   #66
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSt|G View Post
It would be hard to run a company when I live on the other side of an ocean from them.

Here is something tangible for you. Three different platforms from a variety of ages of BMW all being tuned thousands of miles from an Evolve facility. This help?

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e39...m5-vodyks.html
I live on the opposite end of the USA compared to OE tuning - I still made power, but not as much as advertised.

I don't care what Evolve has done, I care what they are doing - that tune isn't impressive for the work done on THIS platform.

Do you know WHY I went with OE instead of AA? My old M52TU Z3 had a SHARK INJECTOR flash - one of the oldest reflashes on the market. AA is known in BMW circles for years, including not just software tunes, but hardware like exhaust and superchargers. If someone knows something about tuning, it would surely be them, right? When a member compared AA's tune vs the Shark on a full bolt on car (including Shrick Camshafts) the Shark put down more power at every RPM. Why did I change my mind? Active hasn't been shy about dynos or support (which is based here in the USA) and unlike Evolve, they actually show gains in independent dynos - I'm convinced they are the best tuner on this platform until I can see some verification otherwise.
Appreciate 0