View Single Post
      07-29-2015, 03:03 PM   #3
BMW135pls
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bucket of screws and sadness

Alright so I did it. I got 3.5 gallons of E85 and 6.3 gallons of 93. I went a little higher than 30% on the e85 because I had a few gallons of 93 in the tank, so I figure it'll work out to something close to 30% in the end. Drove like a law abiding citizen for 10 miles then did three 3rd gear pulls from 2k to redline twice, but I shifted manually at about 6.3k one of the times. In retrospect I think I should have let it go to redline all three times, but shifting at ~6.3k is so automatic I couldn't help it that one time.

So far I don't think I feel any immediate changes, but maybe the tune hasn't adapted fully yet. It might be a bit faster, definitely not slower, stock intercooler is already keeping my boost target low, so I doubt I'll really see any improvement until I get that swapped out. Either way it was fun and I think I'll probably do this from now on. The station was Mighty Joes in Shamong NJ, where I've been many times for breakfast sandwiches when I was doing work in the area, but never for gas. The family is so friendly and the sandwiches are good too. Screw it, they've won me over, I'm doing e85 blend from now on lol.