View Single Post
      03-04-2010, 01:38 PM   #1
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Arrow BMW 1M / M1 Feedback.

OK since I am now on assignment , please leave your questions you want to ask.

I should have informed Guido earlier to the non-appearance of the M1 earlier since the focus was on the 5er which is why the car was kept for Geneva.

In a market especially when your products have felt the brunt of the economic climate the focus was on cars that were coming to the market. Cars that will be sold to customers not something you have to wait for.

At Geneva nearly every manufacturer who had a new car or even a concept stuck to the current trend of either a Concept using full Hybrid or Mild hybrid drivetrains.

As for the M1? well I am not going to mention this car just let the facts talk for themselves and the evidence you have seen.

The first announcement was in the Autocar magazine (Which is UK) I believe, not me. I carried on when that news had went public. I did not break that story.

Fine, let's do a short summary on what we've got that speaks for an M1 so far and what we've got that speaks against it:

Taken from South.

Dr Kay Segler, CEO of BMW ///M, told German Auto Motor und Sport in November 2009:
"Currently, we concentrate on evaluating the feasibility to produce an M variant based on the current generation 1 series. [...]
Usually, the development for such a car needs 3 years. But, we're planning to communicate the first details on the car around Christmas 2010
with its market launch scheduled for Spring 2011".

Ok just post a question and I will do my best to answer. Whilst I am on location. Feel free to let rip because I will answer.
Appreciate 0