04-17-2013, 09:46 PM   #37
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
1M owners need to get over that these are precious collectors cars. It is just a 1M, which will be forgotten about with the launch of new M3/M2.

I love mine, it is a special car, but made to be driven and enjoyed
True about getting over excited on one's own car and 1M as just a car to enjoy but not that far, not yet Ian! First, we need to see if BMW will get the future M3/M4 and M2 "right" and even if they do (like they did with E90 to a great extend) people will always remember and appreciate a great car, we all remember E46 M3, especially CSL, I do remember Z3M and Z4M coupes etc.

I doubt the last M5 made people forgot old ones too!

So you never know. And if the next M cars miss the point, even slightly, then 1M will be remembered as the last of the "right M cars".
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0