View Single Post
      08-30-2013, 04:32 PM   #1111
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

I wouldn't worry about the whole VIN and computers showing 135i vs 135is when it comes to registration and insurance. For all intents and purposes, it's just a 135i that raided the BMW Performance aftermarket bin of goodies.

So, there were many earlier debates/questions about this and all of this is common. It's a good thing in terms of insurance since it would probably cost more if they knew about the PPK and added power.

When you plug the VIN # into one of those vin decoders though, while it doesn't show as "IS" there is some code in there like PM7MA, something like that that says "sport edition" and shows it came with the 313 style wheels. Plus, it should show in BMW's computer when it comes to servicing about the PPK2 as well. You also have the window sticker and all the badging as well. Granted, there are a few forum members who try to slap some IS badges on and pretend theirs is an IS, but it's pretty easy to discern the fakes.

While I understand the fear and paranoia, I don't think you have anything to worry about.
Appreciate 0