ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTom///M View Post
Guys,

After 9,000 km of proper road use, my PS2s are gone and I want to replace them for the obvious PSSs too. However, here in Dubai, no 265/35 PSS exist, so I'm thinking about the standard size 245/35 PSS front and 275/35 rear.

Would that work on a standard car in terms of suspension and rims? Has anybody tried this rather conservative set-up? No rubbing to be expected?

Yeah, no changes to mine but the lovely Akrapovic... ;-)

Thanks,
Tom.
I am not able to reply your PM, since system says you can't receive them or a visitor message, so here is my reply to your PM concerning PSS:

Hi,

PSS are somehow slightly chunkier than equal size most other tires including PS2 so yes compared to stock tires my passenger side front tire actually touches the liner at full lock but I am not able to notice it even at full lock in parking speeds at the steering wheel. So, no need to worry about that.

I am stock size at the rear too. PSS has way more grip than PS2 and I felt more comfortable with going stock sizes and am happy with my choice. A 275/35 19 tire is 0.3 inches bigger diameter (taller) compared to stock 265s but there seems to be enough space to clear that at the rear plus it will look better since it will fill the wheel gap almost completely. Unless you put two heavy people at the back of the car and try to pass a speed bump I doubt you will have any rubbing or so.

On the other hand, I also doubt there will be any noticeable difference/advantage in terms of traction, handling etc. between 265 or 275 PSS tires. If I go wider at the rear in the future I will try max possible without creating any problems for stock wheels and suspension. That is a 295/30 19 which will fit perfectly and then you have really more tire contacting the road. I am not decided on this yet, happy with stock size PSS set for now.

Hope this helps.

Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTom///M
Hey,

Saw your message on the forum that you're running 245/35s front on your 1M and they 'almost' rub. What are you running on the back?

I want to get PSSs on my 1M as a replacement of the PS2s and am (due to availability) forced to do the following:
- front: standard size, 245/35/19
- rear: 1 size bigger, 275/35/19

What do you think?

Here in Dubai no dealer or tire fitter is able or willing to make a statement on it...

Thanks,
Tom.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0