View Single Post
      11-21-2005, 06:01 PM   #33
obLu
Major
Rep
Drives: 330i 6MT ZSP

Quote:
of all places a BMW forum should understand how overblown the "expensive" BMW repair is
Nope, we of all people know how expensive maintaining a modern BMW out of warranty really is. It's not the mechanicals, those are a piece of cake.

It's all the electrical gremlins. "my idrive is doing funky stuff", "bmw assist button doesn't work after sept software update", "I found my car with all the doors unlocked in the morning" etc etc.

If I only had 20k to spend on a car, chances are REAL good I don't have 3-4k a year to spend in extra repairs. I just want a fun car, that I don't have to spend a lot of time or money on. I'd even go out on a limb and generalize (because that's where I was in life when I was spending $20k on a car) that that person would be working hourly and couldn't afford a lot of BS time taking the car into the shop.

I probably would've kept an e46 out of warranty, but I doubt I'll be keeping an e90 not on warranty. Too many integrated electrical components and BMW ain't known for their outstanding electronics.
Appreciate 0