10-02-2012, 04:49 PM   #29
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Sweet View Post
I think there is a problem... just spoke to my local BMW guru and thus is what he said...

Few problems…

Dinan uses 20g stainless. WAY too thin. Great for lightweight, but terrible for TIG welding brackets to it, as the heat from welding and use will crack the steel. Even in our exhaust, we only use 16g stainless for strength.

Dinan’s version is a “cut off” muffler, which means you have to CUT your stock exhaust. This is ridiculous. The factory muffler can be removed with tools! Dinan was too lazy (or too cheap) to make the exhaust longer to make it bolt to the factory location?
The Evolve Race muffler I recently installed was also "short" but Evolve provided a connecting pipe (free of charge) which could be utilised with stock or compatible mid pipes and that's what I did, connected the muffler using the extra pipe with new N55 mids. Zero problems and working just fine. Dinan or any other producer/vendor should do the same imo. Otherwise, they should refrain from using the word bolt-on.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0