predator19872
Frequent Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i SG, 6MT, M Sp

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Talking The new guy.

OK. Here's the deal. I'm new to the BMW world. Getting a new 2012 135i, N55, space gray, coral red interior, glacier silver trim and almost completely decked out. Started paying it off through the military sales program last May when I got to the stan. I will be receiving it when I get back to Colorado in May this year. I have been hating this wait...But have found comfort in talking about it with other BMW owners and fans. I have been drooling over the 1 series since I joined the Army in '07 before the 1er's were even being sold in the US, and now my dream is coming to fruition. This is my first thread, so I thought I'd throw it all on the table and see how it goes.

So here's my questions...

I've done a lot of research into aftermarket performance parts, what I found were some interesting pieces, and I'd just like anyone and everyone's opinions on the quality of the products and if there's something better out there.

JB Tuning, N55, stage 1 or higher
HPF inter cooler
AR Design 4" Down pipe
HPF Exhaust System
BMS Charge Pipe

I'm still looking for a good intake... Injen and AFE are some of the ones I've been looking at.

Now as far as exterior looks I am getting mine with the BMW CF rear spoiler, and black grills. I love Carbon Fiber, the performance aspects to it, and just the fact that it looks awesome. I think it will go well with the Space Gray. First question for this is what happened to ICarbon?? from what I heard they had great stuff, but I heard also that they went under or something? Then I saw cooler2442's thread about Slek... I'd like to find out more about them. Rims... I love the look of the new Alufelgens the SF-71s hyper black or black would go well with grey, I keep hearing 19"s 19"s what I want to know is do they have 18" like stock rim size? Me and low pro tires don't work well together. plus the Army is gay and where I am they require you to have at least a set of all season tires which come with the car, or a set of winter tires for the snow. My thoughts are nice looking rims and original tires. Also I know the tire pressure sensors are on the original rims... Can you transplant them onto the new rims or is it back to a tire pressure gauge in the glove box?

Well that's pretty much it. I'm sure I will have more questions as time goes on. Thanks everyone and I hope everyone's doing ok back home.