atmosphericM
Basic Bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 328i 6MT ///M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattF407 View Post
There are a few floating around with this, my N51 w/BPC stage 2 Tune has ~500 miles since Tune and reset of adaptations & I have an intermittent rough idle. My idle at good times fluctuates less than 150-300 rpm, with the bad around 400-700 rpm. The car never kills and still performs beautifully otherwise. With no definite evidence on what is causing the problem, I have two areas I am looking into for now to make sure it's not something stupid or simple. All in all, I regret nothing and would do it again even if told there would be an idle issue. I should also note I have days with perfect idles for my entire commute, which makes me wonder what is different drive to drive.

1) We have a SAP for emissions that N52 do not. I removed this system in the process of installing headers.

2) Damaged or bad O2 sensors, MAF sensor, or plugs/coils.

If these don't put me right, then back to the drawing board we go. It would be beneficial if there is an N51 out there that did a MILVs+3IM Tune and if that resulted in the similar idle issues as us that went down the headers route.

Hope this helps inform your decision a little more, also look into kgolfs build I believe it was an N51 on AA tune and I don't recall any mention of issues.
Hey, thanks for the info!

Question: I see that you removed your SAI (SAP?) system. That's super awesome to hear. That is exactly what I also wanted to do when getting the tune, but I've yet to reach out to BPC about the details. 1) What did you use to block off the port on the engine? I think I've found a few blocking plates on the web but wasn't 100% sure if they would work or not... and 2) Was BPC able to "code/tune out" the CEL that would normally result from the SAI system not being in place?

Thanks in advance!