View Single Post
      09-28-2018, 03:03 PM   #35
rowsdower
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i 6MT Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmosphericM View Post
Great info, thanks a ton! That's so weird to hear that the N52 head comes with a port for the SAP, considering that it didn't come with the pump affixed. (I wonder if the N52 in another country had the SAP/SAI?) Makes me wonder how different the N51 and N52 heads really are... I simply don't understand why they would cast in the port/route for an SAI system if they didn't plan on using an SAI system lol.

Regarding the electronics, do you have a CEL that resulted from deleting the SAP? I don't want any CEL's which is why I wonder about tuning/coding out. On an older car I wired in a resistor at the connection, but I'd like something cleaner for the bimmer.

I'll reach out to BPC for more info on the header surge as well as the SAP coding, but in full disclosure it might be a while before I do so because I don't plan on tackling these mods for another 6 months or so do to CPO warranty.
Are the heads supposed to be different? I thought the N51/52 were mechanically the same other than compression ratio. CR can be changed with different pistons, which is almost certainly cheaper than building 2 different head designs.
Appreciate 0