View Single Post
      09-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #8
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungE30 View Post
How do you like the race lands? Fit and finish? I'm very close to buying a custom catless dp/mid pipe combo so I am very excited!!
frank you've had your cats in this whole time? I always thought you were catless haha.

But the racelands are swell. Not outstanding... not terrible... just swell.

The sound is good. With my Berk midpipes and sport axleback the rasp isn't bad at all. At a little under 2K RPMs if I mash the pedal in high gear I can get this SUPER loud, raspy rumble which probably makes bystanders poop themselves. Other than that the sound is pretty smooth. Up top the car roars.

The fit was pretty bad though. I emailed raceland ahead of time and they gave me a guarantee that these would fit. When I installed them, they rattled together and I wasn't happy. The shop had to spot weld them in a few spots to prevent the rattle. It ended up being close to 5 hours of labor but the shop felt bad they only quoted me for 2, so they ended up just charging 2 1/2 hours. That's Eurotech MS in Mahwah, they're absolutely awesome.

Performance-wise, I like them a lot. I don't really see the need for 3" pipes unless I want like 10 more HP. Which I don't. Because now with the meth and these DPs it's getting really difficult to actually launch the car in any respectable way. When I would drive with music on, I would tend to tap my foot just very lightly with the beat on the gas pedal and it wouldn't really matter because the pedal and engine weren't sensitive enough to really react to my light tapping. Now I can't do it. Even a very light press on the gas will give me a bump in RPM. I love how much better the car responds and how little lag there is. Overall, since I did the meth first, I can't accurately gauge how much overall power the pipes gave me (though I do notice it's a nice bump up), but the best thing is the sound and responsiveness now. No trouble from cops, either. It's a bit stinky, but not TOO bad. SO DO IT!!! GET SOME DPS (or that custom combo!)!! Worth it!

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0