Captain
Rep
Drives: Ducati Hypermotard

Garage List
2008 Duc 848  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thM3 View Post
Went to DINAN today. The following is what I learned:
- Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake: The system does eliminate the supplemental radiator in the driver side bumper intake. While they said this shouldn't be a problem I did notice that on their website for the 335is (same engine) it says:

"Special Product Notes
This kit requires the deletion of the auxiliary radiator in the front left of the car. A Dinan High Capacity Oil Cooler is required to maintain adequate engine cooling and warranty coverage"

This would seem to suggest that the same may be true for the 1M.

Initially I thought this really sucked. Looking more closely, The DINAN system is the only system I've found that totally maintains the stock intake track (with a new high flow filter) AND supplements it with a totally separate intake track the collects intake air for a high pressure location completely outside the engine compartment (I know some don't believe this makes a difference but I believe anything that helps cool the intake charge is beneficial). The fabriction is incredible! Everything has custom shrouds that seal tightly against the bumper and it even includes a new plastic fender liner that deletes the current vent so all air is directed to the intake track. Definitely supplies much more air than any other system I have seen.

FMIC and oill cooler are also equally well engineered. They both have full shouds that seal completely against the bubper to make sure all air goes where it is intended. I can give more detail and add some photos if interested.

DINAN products are EXPENSIVE but when you look at the quality and engineering that goes into the their pieces it's understandable. I am defitiely leaning that direction. Let the debate/controversy begin/continue!
Did you inquire about the exhaust cutting?
BMWCCA #454364
Appreciate 0