nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyner View Post
Hi Folks,
I'm new here and sorry if I'm raising an issue covered in the past.

I just bout a 1M coupe which has Bilstein B16 suspension (currently all the damping adjustments are set to mid point), HR roll bars and all round Polybush and while I love the idea of the car I'm bitterly disappointed with the reality which is that it's almost unusable on regular Irish (bumpy and variable) roads because its so stiff!

I have never driven a stock car so can anyone tell me how far from stock in terms of driver comfort / daily usability my car is?

All comments appreciated..
After looking into it Bilstein sells the same suspension and for E90 M3 with different weight etc. E90 is much heavier. KW made a 1M specific valving job, but from what I can see Bilstein didn't. It would cost extra money to make bespoke springs and valving so they just sell the E90 M3 stuff to you.

The stock suspension is good but even it is a little stiff sometimes especially in the rear. I recall one of the M engineers saying years later that in retrospect they went too stiff. I would put it back to stock before all the plastic bits inside become a symphony of rattles.
Appreciate 0