View Single Post
      10-19-2008, 10:42 AM   #160
scottn2retro
Major
Rep
Drives:

While I'm waiting for the CD to come with the heavy rain pics from theSunday race at Watkins Glen, let me take a moment to thank a team that was our host while we were at the track.

Jon Behrns and his German Motor Werks team from Spindale, NC (828) 286-4445 heard about us coming to WG all the way from California with basically nothing but a car and some tires and invited us to come share their paddock space. So if there was anything we needed that we didn't have (air, ac power, etc.), we didn't have to go far to get it. And they threw a great bar-b-q on Sat. night. They have a pretty good setup using an old Porter-Cable show trailer.

And by the time Sunday morning came around, we were glad to have someone to paddock with. Rain was coming down pretty good on Sunday. Luckily I had made that last minute stop to OSH for a tarp (that had all our stuff wrapped in it) and my dad had picked up a small EZ Up on the way. But water was just running across the paddock and everything was getting really wet. We ended up packing up under the front straight grand stands (at least there was some dry ground under there).
Appreciate 0