View Single Post
      05-08-2012, 02:36 PM   #7
Ruffan
Rep
Drives: '09 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Guys, my 255 rear Hoosiers had plenty of space both from the shock and from the fender. With that said, the reason I chose the 255 in back is I wanted to keep the stagger to a minimum and the 245 was as wide as I could go up front (with 5mm spacers as they were hitting the shock tube). I have an LSD on my Dinan 135 and am making a ton of power and I never once got the rear end loose on-power with the 255 rear tires. I could pull on pretty much every car on track when I got on the throttle. Maybe if you are running without an LSD you could get some rear-wheel spin, but I didn't feel like i needed more rear tire.

I'm glad I got the sizes I did because the car never felt more balanced than it was this past weekend. Still understeers at the limit obviously, but it was much more neutral than with a big stagger on street tires. I was SOO impressed with the increased performance from 1. my Stoptech brakes (w/ Endless pads), and 2. the Hoosiers, which really helped transform my car into a track beast.

The EAS/Macht Schnell spacers float on the wheel hub and take approximately 1.5 seconds to put on or take off if you have the wheel off, so that shouldn't be a consideration. Their spacer kits also come with extended lug bolts matched to the spacer size.