Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmDrei View Post
A great review! Thank you very much!

A couple of questions, if I may:
Could you describe what the engine does when you lift? Does it keep pushing or is there actually drag torque to be felt?

And btw... yes, you were going fast! I drove the identical track (comparing the two tracks via google maps) in Regensburg in the M392 in the dry and I was not that much faster than the speeds you quote. And no, the track layout actually does not let you feel the weight. Had it, I probably wouldn't have ordered my M3.

Thanks again!

Peter

The only real negative about the event was that it was raining, (which can't be helped other than picking another time of year) and the track was not really a great test of what would see on a track day. Obviously, one of the issues with tracking the 135/335 is whether or not it will hold up in 75-95 degree heat without going seriously high oil temps. One of the engineers did indicate that they were able to resolve this... time will tell. And of course the other item is how much the car's weight affects it on a true road course. My seat of the pants impression is that it will not be considered grossly overweight.... Agree with you on the E92... it's a car that peforms well despite it's weight.... and the power can really make it get out of it's own way... The 1M didn't feel heavy at all. going into this, I would have said that perhaps a used E92 M3 would be a better option.... but not now.

As far as lifting.. no.. I didn't get a sense of drag... the controls are really quite sensitive,,, heel and toeing is easy.. blipping the throttle around corners to shift was comfortable.. This is of course with the M button switched on.... which really sharpened the throttle response/tip in... etc.
Appreciate 0