View Single Post
      01-31-2013, 10:19 AM   #1
Stan.mac
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport

RFT's Popping when lowered???

ALCON,

I wanted to reach out to people up here and get some feedback to see if anyone else has had this experience...
The day before yesterday I took my vehicle into the stealership for a wheel repair (I had a nail in the tire). The tire was replaced under warranty. I was also getting a alignment for the vehicle since I just recently installed H&R sport springs. The next morning, while on my way to work, I hit the same bump in the road that I do everyday except this time I heard something a little disturbing; it sounded like a pop! Immediately after this noise my TPS light came on. I took the vehicle back to the dealer and shortly after dropping it off I was contacted and told that the side wall of the tire was sliced open.
Now maybe this is a coincidence but I'm thinking it might be due to the vehicle being too low and the tire hitting some part of the suspension when under load? I'll go out on a limb and say that I did not hear any thing that would sound "abnormal" after the spring install (one day driving around without and alignment and hitting the same bump in the road)...
So my question to everyone is, has anybody, while being lowered on H&R's, experienced this with RFT's or any other type of tire?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!