View Single Post
      03-01-2013, 09:08 AM   #15
hatepotholez
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
^^That would be the first thing to check. And check for any stored codes. your lambda value should be near 1.00 +/- 0.02% with the engine running.

What kind of tires do you have? OE sizes? And what pressures? I would also take out your air filter and see how dirty it is. The fuel filter is part of the fuel pump... and it should not need to be replaced yet. Probably around 80K or 100K miles.

You might even want to check the trans fluid and level. Also the diff fluid. It won't hurt to change those out. Changing spark plugs wouldn't hurt either.

Also what kind of oil are you using? Maybe the previous owner put something really thick in the engine?

^^^These are the things I would look into.

Dack

The car is at the dealer now, and I told the SA to check the O2 readings and MAF readings. They said they would run a fuel efficiency test(?). Either way I am going to clean the MAF as it looks like a common thing to do and change the air filter.

Running stock size tires, front RF tire is brand new, LF has pretty good thread on it. The tire pressure readings i'm not to sure of but I will definitely check them over. I bought a tire gauge just for this lol!

The car was maintained at the dealer, and don't see any history of ATF fluid change or rear Diff, but do see engine oil changes done at the dealer. One Indy I spoke to stated don't touch the ATF until 50k.

I might consider putting an exhaust and intake if it would help.
Appreciate 0