02-11-2012, 02:25 PM   #8
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzGregg View Post
I installed mine last week, I didnt take any photos of the process, but it was a bit of work. I was glad I had the lift at work, and the instructions are a bit lacking. The opening paragraphs are confusing, and contradictory. The installation is straight forward, but some of the diagrams seem to be missing, and the "yellow arrow" is not on the selector rod to indicate which end goes forward.

The throw is SHORT and FIRM. the shift knob is moved forward, towards the dash. I would have preferred for the stock position, as I am short and have short arms, but it is not uncomfortable where it is at.

Reverse is my biggest complaint. you lose the positive detent that could be felt with the stock shifter. The side to side throw is so short that reverse is a bit more difficult to engage.

I need to order a new shift knob and boot, because mine broke while attempting to get it to seat on the shifter. The plastic ring at the base of the knob split, and tore the boot.

The knob did not want to grip, and when I get a new one I will have to find if it was a problem with my knob or the shifter.
Thanks for the review. Obvious question is was it worth it?
Appreciate 0