07-17-2012, 11:36 AM   #40
Grayson
Heisenberg
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curare86 View Post
Apparently not. They just emailed me back saying
"We have installed a few of these and the most labour intensive part of the conversion is the rear wings! The kit comes with rear arch widening that need to be moulded into the factory rear quarters and the inner quarters need to be cut and reshaped slightly in the lip edge. For an experienced body shop I would allow 8 hours labour per side for the widening excluding primer and painting. The other parts are pretty much bolt on.
The outlet positions are the same as 1M. The quad setups for 135i e.g. eisenmann etc won't work as the outlets of the exhausts on the 1M bumper are slightly more central. Custom would be your best option."
Interesting, I wish there was a way to just pull the stock fenders enough to make it look like it flows well. That way you could avoid 16+ labor hours and the install would be a lot more feasible. On the other hand, a custom exhaust is something that's pretty easy for a shop to do so that doesn't seem like a big deal. What's weird is that on their pictures, the exhaust outlets are not more central, they look spaced out a fair amount.

AR Catless Downpipes | Berk Full Street Exhaust | HPF FMIC | COBB AP | aFe Magnum Stage 2 | E93 M3 Front Sway Bar & Bushings | Michelin Pilot Super Sports | Hardwired Radar | Eurotek BBS LM | Schmiedmann LCI Blacklines | BMW Performance: Spoiler, Diffuser, Shift Boot, E-Brake
Appreciate 0