View Single Post
      10-18-2012, 01:23 PM   #20
Mahlzeit
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

@ Tom303 - do you have the upgraded HK stereo?

@ ozinaldo - I think the subs are under the seats - that could be your missing two speakers.

Keep in mind my towel approach was only a test. No way I would pile thick blankets on top of any mystery module that has built in heat sinks for a long term solve. Now, IF I were to actually address this drone 'issue' I would fill the left side w/ something dense and soft. The right side I would think about installing something under the mystery module, while leaving it exposed on the sides and top to the cavity's air. That said - I think BOTH sides of the towel were warm.

NOTE: I will not address this 'issue' because I don't think it's an issue in the first place. I happen to love the rumble, and don't really consider the drone,...drone in the first place. I removed my 'mod' right after pulling up to my home. I find this discovery interesting, but don't plan to take action. I will however consider an N55 midpipe to uncork some performance and make the 1M exhaust awesome-er. Ultimately, I felt disappointed with the muted character....
Appreciate 0