05-17-2009, 08:42 AM   #17
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by amk2912 View Post
That's a valid point. I certainly noticed that when I drove a M-DCT M3 a few months back...I felt a little short changed on take off and felt the 135i had more herbs off the line. Granted..you can't really boot the test car when the salesman is sitting next to you!

When I tracked my SSTT 135i a few weeks back the instructor said on THREE occasions something that sounded like "F*#K this is a quick car!!!"
If you track the car regularly, I think you would find the M3 more enjoyable. It is more stable at speed and better balanced. Some reviews saying that there are improvements over the coupe from the updates (of course those improvements would probably be there with the M3 facelift coming up soon).

The 135 might beat the M3 off the line, but the M3 will cross 100km faster than the 135. Unless you already had a lsd on your 135, the m3's m-diff would be a plus as well.

Although I haven't done much driving apart from the test drives on the 135i yet, I can't imagine the 135 would out do the M3 on track. The suspension, diff and tyres are all inferior than the M3 - and the liability of the torque low down would almost be irrelevant on track, and now, you can explore the last 2000ks of rpm on the M3. I've done the driving course and the M3 was just amazing.
Appreciate 0