View Single Post
      07-26-2012, 12:29 AM   #19
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I think the confusion comes from the naming of the 1M. For anyone who is not in the BMW community, forums or know people who have knowledge of BMW cars would refer it as the M1 because of the popularity of the M3, M5, M6 names. All my friends refer the 1M as the M1 but of course they all own other brands of cars. The only unique naming of a M Car comes with the Z4M and the Mcoupe which were not mass produced and aren't as popular. I think Terra is referring to the 1M when asking the guy at the dealership and he was being sacarstic and referred to the M1 which is a vintage car back way when and at this day and age does cost a significant amount of money since its a collectors item/car. So lets give her a break. I think all the information previously provided for the 1M vs the 135i is good enough but if there are any other questions I think everyone is glad to answer them but lets stop with the 1M and M1 confusion..

Once the M2 comes out (the replacement for the so called 1M and 1 series) there will be alot less confusion in the naming of the M series cars.
Appreciate 0