View Single Post
      11-21-2012, 05:45 PM   #67
ChristianReyess
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

I'm 23, Have owned a 95' Eclipse GSX at 285whp. It was my first turbo charged engine, and I fell in love. Then I traded that in and went for the 08 EVO X, and again I was in love. There is just something about a turbo charged engine, the buildup of the turbo that just gets me every time, and essentially gets me in trouble with the fuzz.

I then went to the 350z as my first naturally aspired engine, though it was nice to have more low end torque, it was just a bitch to squeeze any power out of it. Actually with the Z most down pipes and exhausts actually hindered the car and getting any power out if it was expensive and if you wanted any real gains you have to twin turbo it anyways.

So coming back to a turbo charged engine was all I could think of and as I was getting older and work in investment banking, I needed to get a car that was a little more respectable (BMW) yet an undercover enthusiast’s car! And the 135i was PERFECT! Get the image and the fun!

And as for issues with the engine, well that’s why I got the extended warranty and by the time that the warranty is depleted, I will be in a new car anyways…. And BMW always provides a loner car for me anyways.
It was just the perfect car for my needs at this time in my specific situations, and that said I do not look down on anyone for having a 128i at all, on the contrary Everytime I see one on the road I honk!
Appreciate 0