View Single Post
      03-26-2013, 09:57 PM   #235
TWD
Australia
Rep
Drives: All sorts of Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by froop View Post
I applied 2 coats of Hard Body to my wheels. Silver, machined face, clear coated. I do notice that a lot of brake dust does end up washing off with just a spray of the hose but nowhere even remotely enough that it could be confused with being 'clean'.

I don't know if that's normal or if Hard Body just doesn't work with brake dust. I'll try and take a photo of it next time I wash the car.

I also have G Techniq C5 wheel armor on my other car and it's about similar. There's no way it can be just hosed off without getting there and giving it a good proper clean with a microfibre mit. I even wheel waxed over the top of the C5 to see if I could get a better result. Those wheels are a satin black so I figured it was something to do and a clear coated wheel would be better but it's seems pretty much the same.
Hence why we use the Nanolex ULTRA on wheels.
Hard Body is a paint sealant and not really suited for wheels. We have used this on wheels before. It gives a great finish and makes the wheels easier to clean, but not as good as Nanolex Ultra.
And yes, once sealants have been applied (depending on driving/usage) you will still need to get in there with your pH neutral car wash and microfibre mitt.
On a side note, did you buy Kenny's old car? What wheels are on there now? I saw them at the dyno day...they look fantastic!
Appreciate 0