08-15-2008, 10:47 PM   #24
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
Hey does anyone know what diff they are running in the 130 racing in the local production class?
I am presuming this is a locked or LSD.
They are running a Drexler, just like the 335i that won Bathurst 2-3 years back.

So my question is, anyone here interested in getting a Drexler GB? Drexler will build the whole diff for you in Germany, even change out the final ratio if you want (if you change it to the auto gear box final ratio your car is going to accelerate a lot faster). You get to keep your original diff to put it back later when you sell the car if you wish. I think you can also send the core back to Drexler for a refund if you want. Drexler diff is definitely better than Quaiffe for track and racing application. For example, if one wheel is in the air, Quaiffe doesn't work. Price is $6500 plus shipping. Shipping will be about $800. Anyone? I know it is a bit steep in price, which is why I am interested to see if there are others interested so that I can bring the cost down. If this doesn't work out, then Quiaffe it is for me too.
Appreciate 0