View Single Post
      04-19-2012, 07:13 AM   #1
harrytruman
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i

Consistently Out of Alignment

I bought my 128i 13 days ago and I've had alignment issues the entire time. The night before buying I had specifically asked about alignment since I had only driven it on a twisty back road; I had no chance to gauge it properly, which is admittedly my fault. Within minutes of driving it off the lot I noticed the steering wheel wasn't keeping level and the car pulling to the right. I was headed out of town that night so the next morning I took it to NTB where they had them align it three separate times and swapped the front tires. They couldn't get it straight.

Fast forward to this past Monday where I dropped it off at the dealer again. They definitely performed another alignment and the sheet came back with very noticeable changes having been made. I picked it up last night and I can tell a noticeable difference in steering responsiveness but the steering wheel is still off-center and it's still pulling to the right.

Where should I go from here? I personally watched the NTB folks align it twice and there were no mistakes made on their side. I even had one of their managers in the car with me to show him what was happening. On the BMW side, the techs drove the car as well but they claimed it was aligned properly. It's apparent that there's a bigger issue than simply alignment but I'm at a loss as to where I should go from here. It worries me that I'm having immediate issues with a car that I've owned for less than two weeks...
Appreciate 0