JME
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc74 View Post
And the sad part is, $900 for a high volume piece like the Mustang is probably about 20% higher than what other companies are selling stainless exhaust systems at for the same application.

There's no doubt that Borla is a quality product, but these prices are just absurd, with no legit reasoning behind them other than BMW owners aren't smart enough to realize it.
Actually, depending on the grade of stainless steel, 900 bucks sounds about fair. If the price were any less I would suspect them of using a lower quality stainless. Just the materials for a mustang exhaust would be significant.

I actually got my ass handed to me on a similar thread where I accused a vendor of price gouging, then when I researched the actual price of the materials he was using I was absolutely stunned at the cost. However, assuming the materials are the same for both the 900 dollar exhaust and the 1700 dollar exhaust, there is no excuse for the price difference.

My assumption is that price will eventually fall into a supply/demand situation. It won't be an outlier for very much longer.
Appreciate 0