01-30-2024, 11:17 AM   #19
MotoWPK
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 128i vert, '14 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordique14 View Post
1) Yes. I use a USB key to play music.

2) You scroll through the directories/songs with the right knob on the radio. You then press the knob to open the directory/play the song. Very simple. The problem is that you only have 2 lines on the display so it takes a while to scroll if you have lots of entries in the directory. you will want to have a good system to break the directories into smaller sections for quicker scrolling. There are a couple of threads on what people use for directory structures.

3) The info displays on the stereo not on the gauge cluster. Once again it is only 2 lines so you may have scroll through it all to see of the artist/album/song info if you want to see all of the tag info.
I know this is an old thread, but as mentioned, it takes a long time to scroll through the folders on a USB drive when you have a lot of folders (in my case, 162 folders, each containing an album). Have wondered if there is not some way to 'jump' to albums or artists beginning with a selected letter to speed things up (posted this question a few days ago - no response, I suspect because there is no way to do this directly).

Continuing my search I came across the above quoted post discussing this issue and mentioning there are a couple of threads on what people use for directory structures to address this. Haven't been able to find these. Anybody know where these threads might be?
Appreciate 0