04-01-2011, 11:21 PM   #1
Lloyd
Networking Geek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Subaru STi 5dr

Garage List
Thumbs up Cyba - Cyba E82 Air Scoops

Ordered scoops from cyba, thought I'd let everyone know my experience. Overall the scoops are worth the money and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a cheap and painless mod.

Paid 3/22/11 through Paypal as directed on http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=458500

Didn't get any confirmation or tracking immediately, after 2 days, sent a PM late 3/24 just asking for tracking or some sort of confirmation. Received a response early 3/25 with tracking.

I ordered spray paint for them so I wanted to know when they would be coming in so I can set time aside to do all that. Checked tracking around 1am est on 3/29, never updated. Sent a PM on the same day, why its taken 6 business days. Responded a couple hours later that it would update once it passes customs.

After I realized they were coming from another country, It didn't bother me that it was taking so long.

The tracking finally updated 4/1, the same day of delivery. 11 days order to delivery.

Communication 6/10
As mention above, there was no confirmation until I sent a PM. Maybe I wasn't patient enough. Maybe someone else who ordered and waited it out can chime in. Another thing that bothered me is that I never expected it was being shipped from out of the US. Cyba's location tag doesn't give any hint of where his business is located. Would be wise to share that information being a vendor with no website. He does respond to PMs rather promptly.

Part quality 10/10
The scoops look and feel solid. Lightweight metal and painted in a smooth matte finish. It is assembled very well, rivets are solid. Very happy with the product.

Installation Difficulty 2/10
Installation isn't difficult to figure out, although it would be nice to have a guide to take away the guess work.

It isn't drop in like some scoops. Installation requires two different size hex screwdrivers or bits, which are not included so you would have to buy them elsewhere.

Had to remove the intake covers then the kidney grills. The scoops slide perfectly into position. The scoops did include screws so it stays bolted tight. After reinstalling the intake covers, the scoops fit snug in place.

Should be 1 out of 10 but I could only imagine the headache it may be for someone who didn't have the right size hex screwdrivers or are just bad at figuring stuff out.
Appreciate 0