View Single Post
      12-31-2011, 10:12 AM   #13
Sinister Crayon
floccinaucinihilipilifica tion
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchaoster View Post
Dealer called, have an appt for pick up tomorrow! Look forward to it after almost 4 months.
Congrats! Can't wait to see pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchaoster View Post
Btw, how do you like the iPhone snap in? I'm thinking of getting one, is it expensive?
I like it, but it's not cheap. I got the Apps snap-in which was like $250 or thereabouts. Yeah, pricey. However, I do like the feeling of integration I get, and it's damned nice not to have my iPhone rolling around the cabin on the end of it's "tail" (the cable) during spirited driving

There's also the cool factor of when you have unsuspecting friends in your car that you pop open the center console and slip the phone out of its cradle. I think it looks really slick in there. I like having the apps on the iDrive and the ability to activate the "plugin" which gives me the iPhone interface on the iDrive screen. Much easier for selecting stuff than BMW's interface, particularly podcasts and audio books.

Of course, whether it's worth it or not is something only you can answer. Without the snap-in that center console space is useless anyway if you have the car prepped for it.
Appreciate 0