07-26-2012, 07:58 AM   #47
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 135i PPKI/06 C6 Z51 Vette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starz135i View Post
I can't figure out how they installed my PPK a few weeks ago, yet my car was produced in March 2012. My boyfriend seems to think they either didn't really install it, or they gave me the wrong thing (which I find impossible). When I initially got the car in June, I went to get the Dinan tune and when they hooked it up to the computer, they got an error because of some "new software" that Dinan has not been able to figure out yet. So, if I have this new software, how did I get the PPK?? I find this all so confusing!

Is there a way I can confirm which version software my car has?
Thats a real head scratcher. I could see it happening though. Dinan and BMW are seperate companys after all. Kinda like local police depts and FBI not knowing what the other is doing. Lack of communication between the two could easily account for them not knowing what info is installed on you car. I would start at the BMW where you had it done. Ask them what version and see what they say. Ask them to detail. Did they put the PPK tags underhood and door jamb? What do they say? Receipt states what?
Let us know what you come up with.
Appreciate 0