David Kunitz
Mr OEM
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer23rm View Post
i found out the hard way haha. the bimmerlabs tune isnt that hard, that you can get away with a generic cable as long as it connects to INPA and WINKFP. the gearbox has a security lock on it and the cable firmware has to be up to date or you need an ICOM cable.

in jhb you can check bmwfanatics out and the community is a lot larger that side of the world with more gatherings.

check breakers out, i've seen a few xenon headlights being sold. it will require coding to the car. or you could contact violet electronics as i think they do xenon retrofits to your existing headlight housing. i remember seeing the conversions on their fb page. so you do have options.
It is unfortunate having to learn these things the hard way, but I appreciate you letting me know so I don't mess it up!

Also my cousin told me about BMW Fanatics years ago, it's been a while since I have tuned in with them, will definitely need to organise something!

And many many thanks for the advice on the Xenons!
I will definitely get in contact with breakers, hopefully we can get it to work, it will completely transform the front of the car!
Appreciate 0