08-09-2011, 05:24 AM   #8
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbolader View Post
No worries, I'm from the US, so I find it strange that the service interval is 15,000 km because it's 15,000 mi over here. Obviously 15km != 15mi. (Frankly speaking I wish BMW would pay for 15km change intervals over here). Maybe it has something to do with the LL-04 oil because I believe (I don't know this for sure, Dackel might though) that LL-04 is a slightly "relaxed" spec because the oil isn't beat up with all the sulpher that North America gets in the fuel.
Humm... lets see...

Perhaps the easiest way to explain it is that over here the customer must pay for EVERYTHING. Nothing is free in Germany. Perhaps that is why the dealer want to see their paying customers more frequently. ?

Most BMW dealers charge around 300 to 400 euros for an oil change service over here. And most people take their cars to the dealers over here... for that damm stamp in the service book. No stamp no warranty. Welcome to Germany.

I will ask my SA next week when I see him though.

PS: OP - I think if you look in your owners manual you will read that BMW does NOT reccomend using any oil additives.
Appreciate 0