View Single Post
      04-16-2018, 12:49 PM   #155
berns
Captain
Rep
Drives: '07 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger_Extract View Post
1:34 at Big Willow is moving. Went there recently for the first time in years. Ran 1:35 in the first session...and corded ANOTHER Nexen SUR4 in the second session. You're lucky you haven't run into wear issues. These tires are fast, but total junk.
Try the Sur4G next? I loved mine and they wore beautifully. I still have my 255s here that had a few days on them. They look good and I'll keep them around for drift scrubs I think.

The RT615k+'s have definitely started to wear down from 2 track days and road miles to/from the track. I'd say I have another 3 days on them though.

Next tire will be the BFG Rival S, 245 front, 275 rear, until I go wide. Then I'll do them in 275 squared. These BFG's run SUPER wide. 275s look like 305s. If you look closely, my buddy in the E46 is running them on a 9.5" wheel out back, compared to my 9.5" wheel with the Falken 275s.

Forgot to mention another change that has really helped make the car super neutral and fast. I'm now running 8k front springs and 12k rear, as opposed to the 6k's I had before. Front end feels much better, more responsive and the rotation is super predictable now. I'd like to keep this split, revalve my shocks and go up to 10k/15k but I'm going to leave the car as is now, because it's the best it's ever felt. Can't wait for -3.5* up front though! I think that'll be a game changer.
Appreciate 0