View Single Post
      05-14-2018, 10:52 PM   #173
berns
Captain
Rep
Drives: '07 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan View Post
Nice update. You have any additional pictures of the oil cooler mounting brackets? Or how you made them?
Trying not to give away all my high quality secrets.
Both drivers and pass side have a small threaded hole that uses a 10mm bolt secure the factory oil cooler and "brake" ducting. From those holes, I mounted a piece of aluminum and mounted the oil cooler to it with the proper Setrab bracket. For way more support, I then made a bit of an L bracket. On the drivers side I used the upper stud/nut to the frame rail holding the crash beam on, but on the pass side the horn is in the way, so I actually used the outer horn's stud as the hanging location on that side. These things aren't going anywhere, ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaDog View Post
What have you done different to everyone else suggesting you can't fit 265's up front?

I'm having a debate with my workshop about fitting 245's upfront so I am curious.
The one thing I did differently was not listen to every thread I found with someone repeating that the biggest you could fit on this car was an 18x8.5 +45 with a 245 tire. Even Apex told me that when I called and told them what I thought would work. They said no way.

Really not much to it. Run camber, make sure you have clearance, get your spring height correct, measure. I'm definitely at the limit now, and this isn't a setup I'd run on a daily, there is some rubbing at times, but nothing that bothers me or damages anything. For the record, my setup is KW dampers, 7" springs, no helpers, perch sits above the tire enough not to interfere. With 255s I fit with no spacer on an 18x9 +42, I ran a 3mm spacer just for piece of mind, but with the 265s I'm running a 5mm spacer for added breathing room, effective offset is now +37.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris82 View Post
Wow that's some talented driving!! Your build is awesome. What's your IG?
Thanks man. @bernooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyeWarrior View Post
Man, I'm sure you'd figure out a way to run 305's if you did a 1M conversion lol
Ha, if I do 1M bits, I'll probably run 18x10 +25 squared with BFG Rival S 275s, they run insanely wide and look like 305s honestly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spxxx View Post
Pretty sure that's doable, I squeezed some 295s up front on my 1M frontend.

Your car is pretty much the perfect 135i at this point, not much else you can do - so awesome man!

With sub 80* weather you'll be in the high 1:58s for sure. Seat time!
Yeah, that's what everyone was saying yesterday. It was a hot, slow day out there, and these tires are seriously fucked. Fresh rubber and a small adjustment to my rear sway bar and I think the car will be doing what I want.

Last edited by berns; 05-14-2018 at 11:08 PM..
Appreciate 1
houtan707.00