05-31-2011, 06:38 AM   #20
Drawn05
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by aacabriolet View Post
Hmm this is where I was confused.. I know the E9x and the X6 E71 Bi-Xenons have a H7 for high beam, and they still use the shutter as well for high beam..

I think they are supposed to use H7 for flashing, and shutter for High beam.. But on our X6 E71 Bi-Xenon, flash and high beam both use the shutter..so I dunno what that H7 is for then?? On the RealOEM it doesnt show the H7 bulb, but when I look through the inner projector there is a H7 so i dunno? Maybe our X6 is adaptive...

X6 Diagram- http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?...60&hg=63&fg=05

So it would be interested whether or not the E8x Bi-Xenons have a H7 high beam bulb or not..

Thanks for the input Dackelone

EDIT: The link you posted. Part #12 "BULB 12V 55W H3 2 63217160779 $21.84". Isn't that the high beam bulb?
H3 is the cornering bulb for adaptive headlights, which I do not have. The
d1s xenon bulb is the low and high beam, hence bi-xenon moniker. The H8 bulb is for the angel eyes and parking lights, though I thought it might also be used for high beam as with the H7 in the e90, but I am starting to think this is not possible.

This is a diagram of what I see connecting the car to the headlights (its difficult to see so I am not 100% sure)

Name:  1addicts wire.jpg
Views: 48923
Size:  91.7 KB

On the car side, wire 6 would be the high beam for the halogen setup. On the xenon headlamp side, I thought it might have been wire 5 but it appears to be another headlamp leveler.
Appreciate 0