View Single Post
      05-29-2018, 03:03 PM   #7403
Mandinca
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E88 and 2016 F85

This weekend I think I fixed my front tire rubbing issues, something of a redneck fix but a fix all the same. I bought some coil spring spacers from Jeff Bezos and put them in on Saturday. They made no difference to the ride height so I was skeptical when I took it out but over the bumps I heard no rubbing at all. I think it still catches the aftermarket PS fender when turning over bumps but I can live with that.
So, no change in ride height and rubbing fixed. Win Win.

Also put on my Alibaba charge pipe and Tial knock off BOV, drilled a 1/2" hole in my manifold for the vacuum line, without removing it....'cos I'm a rebel and figure that tiny pieces of plastic won't hurt the motor as they get compressed and roasted at 800 degrees fahrenheit. The 11# spring I bought works perfectly but the silicon coupling that came with the charge pipe had to be cut down by about an inch so it would fit.
It's all a bit of a squeeze because the BOV flange puts the BOV snug up against the power steering reservoir. I can see that would help if using a dual cone intake system like BMS but since I heard the DCI makes no difference other than the sound I took mine off again and went back to stock.

Will run it like this for a week then MHD stage 2+ as I finally have all of the supporting mods in place :-)