View Single Post
      12-04-2012, 01:10 AM   #44
Curare86
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Don't know about that, but I don't think so. I believe you have to get it straight from Germany. I absolutely LOVE mine. I never liked the 1M pipes, as I feel they stick out way too far to the sides. The Inside Performance pipes are closer together, giving it the E46M3/Z4M look. The sound is absolutely outstanding, it's honestly the first inline 6 BMW motor I'm proud to hear rev. My exhaust is straight through, and there is no droning at any rpm. Car is quite loud on a cold start, but dies down after about 10 seconds. At wot, the car has a high pitched wail. I am very, very happy with my exhaust purchase and highly recommend it to all.

One last thing, I must admit the setup does look a bit hokey without the diffusor. There is one big can, with a little pipe leading over to the other two tipes. However, you never see it with the diffusor on, so it's not an issue for me. As well, the amount of exhaust you see coming out of both pipes is almost identical. I've looked at the rear of the car on cold mornings, and I'd say about 55% comes out the driver's side pipes, while 45% comes out the passenger's side. It's VERY close. As well, the inside of the pipes are discoloring identically, so you don't have two dirty pipes and two clean pipes. Also please note, I've painted my setup with black BBQ paint. It doesn't come in this color.

which trunk lid is that?
Appreciate 0