View Single Post
      12-27-2007, 04:19 PM   #2
Redadair
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M #293 - 88 E30 M3

A few questions that may help you decide:
  • Do you have kids, or the need to haul more than two people regularly?
  • How old are you? The reason I ask is because the older you get the more likely you will want a daily driver that is a bit bigger and softer.
  • Do you intend to track the car, Auto X or road track? If so either car needs LSD which neither have (I know about the electronic version but it not the same thing)
  • Do you have the money to take a big hit on your 06 and then pay the difference for the 128?
  • Do a plus Delta for both cars and see which one has more pluses for you.
Simple right?

For me I owned a Subaru WRX STI prior to my 335i Sedan. I did the Auto X thing and Road track thing. I loved it but ended up with a car that was lowered with stiff springs, huge sway bars and a radical alignment for track use. However as for a daily driver I think my but still hurts. I regularly drive with more than two people so the Sedan works well and overall my 3er is just right for me. I just added the Turbo Tuner to my car, wow is it fast. But the 3er is the perfect size car for me and perfect blend of performance and every day ride.

Now if only I could have kept my STI for the weekend racing, but live isn’t perfect is it.

Good luck with your decision.

Red
Appreciate 0