View Single Post
      09-26-2016, 06:45 AM   #9
cozmicf
Rik
Australia
Rep
Drives: DSB 135i 2011 DCT N55

Thanks for your detailed response!

I might consider the steptronic, could surely get them much cheaper.

Yeah there are quite a few on carsales, just waiting on one that's just right.

I'm wary of high Ks as I've read these cars aren't as reliable as they could be, especially the one with the N54. That said, could it be assumed that if a car has survived at least 100,000km that its parts have either survived the whole time (HPFP, injectors, waterpump, etc) and are not faulty (though might go in the future just due to wear and tear), or instead that they have been replaced already? Would this make getting a car with over 100ks a safer bet than one with 70ks or whenever the HPFP tends to fail? Increasing my tolerance above 90,000km will save me a lot now, so it is very tempting!

What is the ball park figure for each of those major repairs? If I could get a 135i for $24k, I could use the remaining $6k as a safety net for repairs, would that cover it? How much is the 100,000 service btw?

I have been searching NSW, ACT, and SA as well, and it seems NSW has some pretty good candidates and good prices. The only problem is all the effort of ensuring it's good to go from here. What if I fly there and there's a huge problem I just couldn't have picked up on from here? How do you guys deal with this?
Appreciate 0