01-23-2009, 02:17 PM   #53
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
Rep
Drives: camels & donkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc74 View Post
You still can't assume that. You're not correcting for temperature, altitude, or fuel, and you're assuming the dyno is perfectly calibrated. What was the temp when you did the dyno runs? SAE (I'm not sure if BMW is using that standard, I'm just throwing it out there) corrects to 70 degrees F IIRC. If you dyno an SAE rated vehicle when it's 40F you're going to see more power than it was rated at because of the cooler air, especially on a turbo car.

Don't get me wrong, the JB3 is clearly adding about 100Hp at the crank, I'm just saying that it's wrong to make the assumption that the factory is under-rating the engine to begin with. :w00t:
correct....SAE corrects the temps to 70deg. Temps during the runs were 64-65deg, so within tolerance. I also posted the "uncorrected" numbers which showed 367 I believe.

I'm pretty sure that given the temperatures, dyno conditions, and correction values, that the average drivetrain losses used are within the ballpark :wink:

F87 M2 Competition, Sunset Orange, Exc, DCT.
**SOLD** F80 M3 Mineral Grey/Sakir Orange, Exc, DCT... ED 6/2015
**SOLD**E90 M3, Interlagos Blue / M individual two-tone, ZCP, ZP2, ZCV, DCT, ED.
Appreciate 0