01-26-2011, 03:17 PM   #9
GO135i007
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 135i Alpine/Coral

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondsbylauren View Post
I hear you about the gas mileage- I'm lucky to get 16 mpg.
but I only drive 12 or so miles a day- so i can live with that aspect.

In terms of wear and tear- that's one great aspect of leasing a car.
I have tried driving in 6th many times.
It sucks when some shitty Camry gets the jump on you cause you're cruising at 200 rpm.....
I shift around 3k rmps on normal driving. If I'm more hurried or want to hear the engine then 4K+. When I'm just cruising on the interstate I'm in 5th or 6th gear.

Reading the comment above it sounds like the issue isn't when you are shifting, but that you want to be faster and race every single person that comes by going faster than you. That is why you are getting tickets. You have to change your outlook on how you are driving. It's not a contest to see who has the faster car everytime you get into the vehicle. I know my car is fast. My car is faster than 85% of the cars that I come in contact with, but I don't have to flex its muscles to know this. Who cares if a Camry drives down the interstate faster than you. Your car is far superior in almost all aspects. Until you can change the way you drive I'm afraid that you are in for many more tickets my friend.