Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Garage List
2006 Volvo V70R  [10.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
I have a question about how long it usually takes to receive a production number...

I placed my deposit for my 135i in mid March (March 8, 08), and I called yesterday (June 19, 08) to ask my CA if I had a production number yet. His response was "That he still had 3 people in front of me waiting for allocations from his dealership" ...... ok, so question time.

What the usual wait time from placing the deposit to receiving a production number? And does anything I have said sound.... abnormal?
Wow, that is ludicrous. Unless you paid a very low price, you may want to think about canceling and going with a dealership that will give you an allocation immediately (as long as you want your car now). Many people on here get there production number right after ordering, meaning that the dealer does have an allocation to give.

I hope they are least told you what you were getting into. Normally, if a dealer has an allocation to give, it will take ~2 month to arrive.

If you can't get your dealer to give you a July allocation, you may really want to considering finding a dealer that will.

Just my opinion... maybe some other can chime in as well.

FORMERLY: 128i coupe
Alpine White | Sports Package | Black Leather
Appreciate 0