Brad135
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 FiST

Venting: BMW and Crown BMW, Greensboro, NC

Wow...

Frustrated and disappointed.

My Driver's Tail Light needed to be replaced due to the LEDs burning/shorting out, so I had Crown look at the same stuff as in February's visit, too.

They replaced the Driver's side lens only. I was thinking it should have been both Driver's and Passenger's and referenced SIB 63 03 10. Maybe I was incorrect.

Concerning the radio that has stopped working, twice now, (SIB 65 16 09) they indicated it would have been reprogrammed with my HPFP Recall Computer reflash this past February. Sounds odd to me, but they know what they are telling me, right? Will need to drive it to the shop and show them it's not working next time.

N54 Turbo lag is now a programmed in feature due to the HPFP. BMW no longer stands by it's claim to have virtually eliminated the lag. Apparently the Throttle was the problem (according to the service advisor) and they made it less sensitive to protect the pump/engine.

Chirps from the wheels are normal during driving (without brakes being applied).

The service rep did apologize for all the greasy handprints throughout the black interior. Even with my bright yellow microfiber cloth on the passenger seat, they failed to clean up after themselves. Apparently the interior cleaning missed the spots or created them.

AND they must have used sand paper to wash my car. The finish is embarrassing! It looks terrible.

Now here's where I get into trouble:

I've had other brands and I've taken them in for fixes. In 99% of the cases all has been fixed and addressed. I feel, having bought a premium vehicle from a premium brand, this is my most disappointing vehicle ownership experience in 25 years.

It is ashamed, because I use to LOVE the N54, and the rear suspension is my absolute favorite, ever!

I'll take the car to another dealership at some point, but I shouldn't need to. Maybe a fresh attitude and service center is what is needed.
Appreciate 0