Rep
Drives: BSM 130i 6MT

Garage List
2006 BMW 130i  [0.00]
Thanks for the compliments guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giveway74 View Post
Nice looking car.

Did the intake make any performance difference or is it just the sound that is better?
Also how much did the intake cost?
To be completely honest I couldn't give you a proper answer in regards to performance benefits as I don't usually push the engine that much... but in saying that it does seem to rev a little more freely than before when you get to 4k rpm and above... I feel it was worth it even if the only benefit was bling and sound though I can finally hear some half decent noise from the engine and boy does it sing!

I'll pm you about the cost and source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechz View Post
Nice work.

I want those tail lights myself but that looks like a lot of effort for installation.

I took mine to Philip Island last year and it was a lot of fun, except I have the 6AT which won't hold the gear I want through turns 2&3.
Wasn't that bad to be honest... once you know how to pull the boot trim apart it's pretty smooth sailing from there. Always happy to help so I highly recommend you go for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
Oo pretty bmwp intake!!
Your turn...? Haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob32R View Post
Its good to see you improving the car in every way possible, especially factory weak points. I see you have gone for more upmarket/genuine parts such as the BMWP intake and the L.E.D blackline taillights which I love. Are coilovers next?

Keep it up Patrick!
Haha thanks Rob. Don't think I'll touch the suspension for now apart from maybe some select M3 bits but even thats a maybe. Handled itself well on the hillclimb and is more than enough for the daily duties. Plus the car park at uni has speed bumps literally every 10m for all 7 levels.
Appreciate 0