Neon01
BMW Nut
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 X5 35i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammonia View Post
Go with the 135i. The price is very good considering the low miles, its CPO, has more options, and the motor is an absolute blast. Not knocking the NA 6 the 128 comes with, excellent motor that makes for fun spirited driving, but going fast is freaking fun (the n54 is a damn rocket), and if that sounds like you, go for it. You may not want the extra options, but you'll grow to like them. I went from a base Civic LX to my 135, and I was in the same position. I didn't like or need or want the options. But now I cant imagine not having a sunroof, etc.

Speaking of wiggle room, beat them down abit on the price of the 135i. Use the years as leverage. You should be able to get at least another $1-2k off the price.

(Btw, N54 is the twin turbo in the 135i. You're thinking of the S54 in the 128, iirc.)
Agree on all counts. The difference in the driving experience between the 128 and the 135 is vast IMO - largely because of the turbos and the way they transform the power/torque band. To each their own though. One note - the S54 is actually the engine code for the E46 M3. "S" series engine codes are for M series vehicles.

I believe the 128i has the N52 engine.
Appreciate 0