View Single Post
      05-19-2011, 02:20 PM   #1
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

WTH keeps happening to my microfiber cloths

My microfiber cloths don't seem to last more than 1 machine wash. I do not use special microfiber cleaner, but from what I've read, it doesn't seem to be required. I've tried several types of laundry detergent, including HE, non-HE, woolite for dark color protection, regular tide, dye and additive free detergent, etc etc.

NOTHING WORKS.

Every time I take the cloths out, not only do they still have dirt ingrained into the cloth, but they are no longer absorbent. I usually throw all my microfibers into a single load together, and it fills up my washer to like 1/3-1/2 capacity, so it's not like i'm throwing in 2 cloths together and expecting they get clean without a real load in there. Is it because I throw in the cloths I use for waxing too? I know youre not supposed to use fabric softener because it ends up coating the cloth with a wax-like coating and un-micro-ing the fibers so to speak, could the wax just be spreading to all the other cloths in the wash and doing this?

I just can't stand having all my cloths not pick up even a drop of water after a single wash. WTH man

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0